Clothing advice overnight trip
Aboard, whether you are in port or sailing, mostly temperatures are a bit lower than ashore. Therefore we have set up a clothing advice:
- Comfortable clothing, both for warmer and colder weather. Usually people wear 1 or 2 layers of clothing more than they would ashore.
- Sailing gear or a rain suit, for the occasional rain showers.
- Comfortable (sport)shoes
- Sunglasses, the sun reflecting on the water can be quite intense
- Possibly swimwear, in case you might wish to pause the trip for a swim
- In case of exploring the tidal flats we recommend you to bring old sneakers
- Towels for personal use
- Beds are all made, taking a sleeping bag is not necessary
- Clean towels for dishwashing and cleaning are aboard, usage in included in the rental
- Wastewater aboard is pumped overboard, we use ecological soap, which is provided aboard and free to use. When you prefer to take your own soap, we would like to ask you to take environmentally friendly soap.
New rules from 25-09-2021
We are dealing with ever-changing rules on board the Willem Jacob. This time fortunately something broadening; the 1,5 meters away is no longer necessary. Above deck we could and can enjoy sailing (sports) and now we can sit together below deck, eat and drink.
However, something else will take its place, namely the corona access pass and proof of identity.
From September 25, we therefore ask all guests aged 13 and older to have:
- the corona access pass
- proof of identity with them.
The corona access pass is a QR code that can be displayed on a smartphone or paper and both can be read in a scanner app. On the website: CoronaCheck there is information about how the evidence in the app can be converted into a QR code.
We are happy with the expansion and hope that it will be permanent and that the access pass will also disappear in the long term. But whatever happens, the Willem Jacob’s team will do everything they can to ensure you have a fantastic time on board.